Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R5/R7 TTL Flash
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 13:37:43 -0400

Dave,
I do a lot of flash photography with my Metz 45CL-4 on a Nikon F3HP. While I
do not do wedding photgraphy what I shoot is similiar, large groups of
people mingling around. I would only like to comment that I never use the
TTL feature because it is simply too slow on the recycle. Without the TTL I
can use the motor drive shooting say 2 frames per second and the Metz keeps
up, on TTL there is a several second gap between each shot while it
recycles. Try setting the aperture on the Metz at say F8 (that automatically
puts it on the Automatic mode) set the film speed and match the settings on
the camera to those on the Metz. Your flash results will be equal to the TTL
mode.
Steve
Annapolis