Subject: Re: [Leica] CLA M Cameras - rangefinder check
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:35:16 +0100

on 11/5/00 3:34 PM, Bmceowen@aol.com at Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/11/00 7:41:09 AM, deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk writes:
>
>> I'd try film cleaner or ROR.
>
> Man, ever since the 'good ole' Kodak film cleaner was outlawed I haven't
> found any I like. The current film cleaners are REALLY strong. I tried using
> some Ethol brand film cleaner on a cotton swap to clean the top of a used
> M4-P I bought (it was really gummy) and it started to take the paint off the
> lettering. If anyone has a supply of the old Kodak film cleaner with
> trichloro/triflouroethane (maybe they still sell it in other countries) I'd
> buy some off you. (Just don't tell the EPA).

You know what I use to clean film? Soap and water. Well, actually, what I do
is rewash the neg in distilled water with a bit of wetting agent, then wipe
with a clean soft chamois and hang it up to dry. Takes a while but MAN your
negs are clean. Also gets rid of drying marks and water-soluble scum that
some organic film cleaners won't touch.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com