Subject: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina
From: "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:20:00 +1000

> Many people could not imagine that Hasselblad would enter the 35mm market,
or
> that Contax would enter the medium format market--both of which happened
within
> the past couple of years.

Very good point, Nathan.  We should never say 'never', as sooner or later it
will be proven incorrect. And just look how successful the above two
examples have been!
There may be a lot of merit in a Leica MF rangefinder -- with a small range
of lenses.  They wouldn't be so much competing with the current crop of
'auto exposure do it all' and AF MF SLR's, but be offering a hopefully,
compact and beautifully tooled machine to appeal to the usual Leica (M6)
market.
But.....speculation and hoping and wishing are for our fantasies alone.
Surely Leica would be very careful before engaging in a major change such as
this, IMO.

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)