Subject: [Leica] it's not a leica, but it's BETTER!
From: kyle cassidy <cassidy@hector.asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 100 22:07:40 -0400 (EDT)

okay, i didn't start all this semi-off-topic talk about rangefinders and
canons and yashicas and leicas and the R3 experience, (it was martinez,
so if anybody needs knockin around, it's him, i swear it, not me, getcher
hands off me!) -- but i'm going to cast my swine before the pearls, or
something like that. (somebody slap that boy, he don't make no sense.)

those of you who have not yet been subjected to the horror that is my
canon ql-17 rangefinder page, it's time for your baptism by fire.

http://www.netaxs.com/~cassidy/images/equipment/ql17/index.html

don't miss the swank image gallery, including a shot of me hob-nobbing it
up with famed Spanish fashion photographer Bernardo & some uberhot runway
model (okay, i wasn't hob-nobbing, i saw them on the street in Manhattan
coming out of the Russian Tea Room and leapt in front of them like some
crazy monkey and took a picture of us together; the poor bastard
never knew what hit him. he was blinded by the flash and i was OUT OF
THERE with the evidence.) (if any of you are wondering, he was carrying a
leica IIIsomething. don't pretend you don't care. the model was carrying a
toyo view camera, a fredrick's of hollywood bag and an envelope with
"New York Times" stamped on it -- go figure. some little weasily assitant
chased me down the street yelling "no pictures! no pictures!" ha! catch
me! you mouth breather.) there's also another fameous person in the
gallery (i'll let you figure it out.)

i gotta stop smoking cassette tapes.

kc
gen-x leicaslacker