Subject: [Leica] Re: your mail
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:13:17 -0600 (MDT)

misterc wrote:
Does someone try the collaspse Summar 2.8/50 mm leica M series ??
any comparison with the well known summy 2/50 mm.

I assume you mean the Elmar 2.8/50, and by summy you are referring to the
summicron.

I use both the new version Elmar 2.8/50, and the early version Summicron
DR 2/50.  They are both quite good performers, I often carry the Elmar
mounted, as it makes a nice compact unit to carry, and as I do most of my
shooting in the bright sun, being a slower lens isn't a problem.

Noel Charchuk

http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch