Subject: [Leica] Shootout (ON TOPIC)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 18:41:17 -0700

I mentioned  on list here how a bunch of pro photogs did a shootout a few weeks
back to compare their lenses.
My neighborhood photog friend had Nikons plus a 1.4 35mm, 50mm and 80mm Zeiss
lenses for his Contax Aria.
A friend from my North Shore Chicago home town had Canon's.
And there were a few others in there too.
I talked to that neighborhood photog friend today wanting to know if there was
anything un- pristine about the Nikon 85 1.4 in his opinion and what the test
showed as a friend from the LUG  had said Canon might have the upper hand on
that, and it kind of bugged me.
Turns out the Canon beat out both Zeiss and Nikon in every ones opinion in this
test on the 85.
"I'll have to take another look at those transparencies" I said
But The Canon and the whole system is not going to be in the possession of it's
photog very long.
He is selling it.
Turns out he is just going to exclusively be using another system that he also
has now.
Wont tell you the name of that system but the initials are:
LEICA M!

Mark Rabiner
Systems Administrator