Subject: [Leica] Re: a question regarding the R3
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:46:13 -0400

I have 3 R3s and find them to be very reliable. They have aperture
preferred automation and manual with either averaging or spot meters. The
readout is analog. Shutter speed, aperture, and meter mode are displayed in
the viewfinder which has a bright but non-interchangeable screen with split
image surrounded by a microprism collar.

This is my favorite R body.

Ken Wilcox

At 1:38 PM +0100 5/8/0, Fernando Martins wrote:
>hi to you all,
>
>I'm a nikon user, in love with rangefinders.
>I own several cheap old ones (Canonets, Yashicas), which I do love,
>but one day I WANT an M6 (don't we all?......).
>
>but in the meantime, I've found a cheap way to get into leica glass.
>I have the opportunity to buy an R3 in good condition, and a 50/2
>in ugly condition, but the glass is good. this set up should cost me
>around $450 (I live in Portugal, Europe).
>
>what I want to know is the specifications/features list of the R3.
>I searched the net but haven't found anything useful, and the leica
>website doesn't help either.
>
>could any of you point me out (in the net):
>1) a resource for leica cameras
>2) a resource speficific on R Leicas (or only R3)
>3) resources (european, if possible) of used leica gear
>
>and any usual problems that R3's users might have...
>
>thanks in advance for your time.
>

>best regards,
>
>Fernando Martins
>Systems Administrator
>fer@caleida.pt
>http://fernando.somewhere.net/

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>