Subject: Re: [Leica] T.A. soft release AKA "Softie"
From: "Timothy R. Kuntz" <covbldrs@usit.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 15:46:04 -0400

Let me add to what Dan ( K-Y/Poly-Grip....) Post wrote astutely regarding Locktite:

     >Noel- The medium strength (blue tube?) of Loc-Tite is the one to use. I found
     >that i tiny amount on a toothpick, and sparingly put in the threads of the
     >Softie works. I worry about bringing an adhesive like that close to my M6,
     >but if you put a teeny-tiny bit on the Softie, THEN screw it in, then there
     >is very little danger of locking up the shutter button! I have had my Softie
     >for over a year, now, and it's still there! I moved it from an M3 to the M6
     >a couple of months ago, and it was not hard to take off, either. Slight
     >'crack' as it broke loose, and very little residue.

Locktite is a plastic in liquid form that EXPANDS when it dries - filling any gaps inbetween the threads.  The blue is designed for adding a mild amount of tension where the red locktite is designed to require heat or great force to break loose.  Keep it off your fingers - the chemicals will tend to make your skin more sensitive to being iritated.
Tim K.