Subject: Re: [Leica] rolleiflex ?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 21:49:43 -0700

The Rolleiflex has an automatic feature that advances the counter and
controls the scrolling of the film for even spacing.   When you open the
back, you will see a small diameter roller on each side of the 6X6 opening.
You will also see a roller of larger diameter, although still small, between
the spool with the film and the smaller roller at the film exposure opening.

You thread the film under this roller.   The roller spacing is such that it
senses the thickness of the paper going through and determines when the film
starts flowing through.   This activates the counter system.

The part you do is starting the film onto the take-up spool and close the
back before very much of the paper is scrolled through.

Fuji film will not work in a Rolleiflex.   It is too thin for the sensor an
scrolls through without activating the counter.

Roland Smith
roland@dnai.com