Subject: Re: [Leica] rolleiflex ?
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 22:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

Several of us:

What ROlleiflex do you have? (SN would be easy for id or at least tell us
what lenses you have on it)
Most of the post war Rolleiflexes were automats, which means that they
felt the beginning of the film (after the paper leader went through (make
sure you have the film through the two rollers), when the film started
rolling through it reset the counter and the whole thing started working.

You can fool the camera by removing the take-up reel and moving the
sprocket at left by hand at the same time you crank the thing up. When the
crank is stopped, you will have "1" in the window. Back up the crank and
fire the shutter before you move the sprocket any further.
That sprocket measures how much film goes between two shots and if you
don't have film to rub against it it doesn;t measure anything, therefore
you keep advancing with no results.

I am putting this ON the list so
people know there is someone helping you on this.

Cheers,

Lucian