Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 19:59:51 -0700

No, your definitely not alone in that wise opinion.

Straps belong on bags, not cameras.
Most strap stories I've heard are anecdotes about how the strap caused some
disaster or other.

The only good strap story I can recall was from a friend who was caught in a
riot in Africa and escaped by swinging his LTM Leica around his head (by its
strap) to protect himself. He said it made a formidable and very useful
weapon...

Then again, he probably wouldn't have got into trouble in the first place if
he hadn't used the @#$% strap. :-)

Mike Quinn