Subject: Re: [Leica] T.A. soft release AKA "Softie"
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 13:36:15 -0600 (MDT)

Walt Levy asked:
 Have other softie-users had this experience?  Do
these things tend to unscrew themselves?

Oh, yeah!!! I lost mine before the first snow last winter, and when I
realized it was gone, it was dark. By the time I had a chance to return to
the same place to look for it, we had snow cover. I was back there today.
took a look around, but couldn't spot it. Dang!!

The bad part was, in January I visited with Tom A, and Ted Grant, probably
sat 10 feet from the motherlode of Soft Releases in Tom's place, and I
forgot to buy one!!! Duhhhh!
I wonder if others are using a light duty Loctite or similar to avoid
losing theirs. Otherwise can you imagine what archeologists a few
centuries from now are going to be trying to figure out the significance
of all the little mushroom shaped totems they will be finding in places.

:)

Noel Charchuk
 http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] T.A. soft release AKA "Softie")