Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 metering question
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 11:57:26 -0700

Simon Lamb wrote:

> Joe
>
> I dod test against a grey card and the M6 meter indicated 500/sec at f/11 and
> the F5 320/sec at f/9.  As you say, I need to understand what the meter is
> saying.  These results are not too far apart so I just need to know what the M6
> will tell me in any given situation and interpret it for my own requirements.
>
> This camera really makes you think about your technique and what you want to
> achieve - quite refreshing from the computer-aided pictures that I have taken
> to-date.
>
> Simon

Grey cards are tricky as gets discussed here on occasion.
Move them a quarter of an inch askew or take a half step to the left or right
yourself and your reading will change by at least a half stop. I just think the
have too much of a shine to them. It's like a Weegee board you can make all your
readings line up by sure will power and a deep breath.
So when I compared my dozen meters (mostly in camera meters) I put them through
a series of paces.
Indoor unfinished door
sunlit side of house
sky with hazy clouds
fence in shade
made a big chart and lined them up.
Then I went out and got the proper battery for my Rollei 35. Waaaay off.
I got some funny readings from one of my 3 festering Nikons.
Maybe I should change the battery on that one too or check it.
Mark Rabiner

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 metering question)
Message from Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 metering question)