Subject: [Leica] Leica Repair Service (or lack thereof) in the US
From: Bill <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

Bill Satterfield wrote:

I sent a M3 to Leica back in February before I knew there were other
excellent
repair facilities out there. I still do not have the camera back. My
e mail
messages are not answered. Can never get anybody on the phone etc.
- ------snip-----

Hi Bill,

You are not alone...Extreme Rudeness is the trademark of Leica USA in
General and the Service department in particular.

What other people have done to get Leica USA's attention is send a
very polite FAX to Hans-Peter Cohn.  You usually have results within
24 to 48 hours.

I would suggest sending a FAX this weekend.  Depending on your long
distance company is will cost you somewhere between 25 cents and
$1.00.  Send to:

Attention: Herr Hans-Peter Cohn, Chairman
FAX number is: 49 (0) 64 42 208 333
You may or may not need the first zero.

I know of a number of Leica users who have done this, and all had
received immediate results.

Regards,

Bill Erfurth