Subject: Re: [Leica] new arrival>>> 35 mm shade/cap >> new prices
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:51:55 +0100

snip
 Perhaps you have the first style of shade and cap? The
>numbers on mine are: shade - 12589, and shade cap - 14040.

Funny. I got my lens last week. Shade 12526, shade cap  14043.

I think the shade cap is great. Wonder how much it will cost to replace it. ;-(

Talking about prices: the new German Leica price list is out, valid from
April 1. Prices are now quoted in both  DMark and Euro, and there are many
more recommended prices than there used to be, like for filters, bags,
flashlights  and sundries. I doubt these prices have gone down. Corrrection
lenses for the M viewfinder are DM 128 each, I think I paid DM 80 two years
ago.  A few lenses have gotten more expensive, usually by DM 100 or DM 200
(divide by 2 to get  $), in some cases only the black version has been
increased and if both were increased the black went up by 200 and the
chrome by 100, leaving a difference of 100 between chrome and black in most
cases.

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or