Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom depression
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 07:27:28 -0400

As far as I am concerned, colour prints made with my Epson 1270 are more
potentially (and in practice; I have some prints that made people shake
their heads in disbelief) more beautiful than anything that can be done in
a normal colour lab (I'm not referring to wierd and near obsolete
techniques such as Dye Transfer).   The paper quality, colour depth,
control available via programs such as Photoshop, and now, print longevity,
are outstanding.

On the other hand, even though I happen to like the look of some of the
larger sized black and white prints I have made with my Epson on their
heavyweight matte paper, for better or for worse, they don't have the look
of a fibre based print .   The look and feel is just different.   Mainly
the feel.   But it's just a matter of time....

Dan C.

At 07:50 AM 04-05-00 -0700, rlb wrote:
>Jeez, when it gets to the point that I can no longer purchase chemicals and
>FB paper and my only choice is digital I think it will be time to hang it
>up.  I have all the right tools in my digital darkroom and the prints that I
>get are beautiful but it's a long way from a darkroom print.

[snip]