Subject: Re: [Leica] depths of reverberation
From: "Julian Thomas" <Mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 09:21:25 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Andre Jean Quintal" <megamax@abacom.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 4:08 AM

> Wether sociology is a fine mind tool for the photographer
> or photography quite a tool for the sociologist, that's
> a FAR more interesting question here . . .
>
> Andre Jean Quintal

Now that's a good question! I use 'Workers'  a lot to get students talking.
To most sociologt bods it is thought to be too naive and simplistic - an
easy target which provides no 'answer'. To others it is an incredibly
powerful indictment. Now I love it! As to whether it isa good tool... I
think it is impossible to take an objective photograph whereas in sociology
a lot of time is spent 'proving' impartiality or admitting bias. I've always
felt they go well together, but I think that could be my love for PJ getting
inthe way!

Julian