Subject: [Leica] Chinese Water Torture
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 01:29:57 -0500

When I bought my M42, I was a making glorified fast food income as a
newsphotographer.  So when I bought it, the body came first.  Then several
weeks later, a 35mm f2 summicron (chrome and still have) and later still a
90mm f2.  Several years later, a new 50mm summicron.  I will agree, I would
have preferred a Chinese water torture to doing that wait again!

gck

Christer Almqvist jotted down the following:

> Why don't you buy just the body first, without any lens at all?

Oh puleeeze!  Chinese water torture would be preferable treatment to getting
your first M camera and NOT having a lens for it!!! ;)

M.