Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5 Lens use
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 14:50:46 -0600

Yes they will work fine. The dual range summicron's detachable eyes (and the
eyes for the 35/3.5 summaron) apparently have a little tab that needs to be
machined off (as the previous owner had done). The collapsible lenses need
to have some tape wrapped around the barrel to prevent them from damaging
the meter arm when collapsed. Finally the 21/4 BM, the 21/4 SM with BM
adapter, the 21/3.4 below serial no. 2473251 and the 28/2.8 below serial
no.2314921 all need to have the bayonet mount machined so that the meter arm
will not be damaged.  All this info is from Leica and I would cheerfully
pass on the full details about the collapsible lenses if needed.