Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica R: Is It Worth It?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 09:41:22 -0400

Behalf Of Gary Elshaw

Mitch, you need a Visoflex. (Come on guys, you knew i was going to say
that!)

http://elshaw.tripod.com/Visoflex/Visoflex.html

All the best,
Gary

- ---------

No you don't...Not unless you get your jollies from using optical equipment
that's the equivalent of a Model T with bailing wire used to attach plywood
wings to make an "airplane."

The Nikon/R question is a really subjective one. If you already have a Nikon
system, with pro lenses, you need to weigh the theoretical optical
improvement against the bath you'll take on the Nikon stuff. And when I say
theoretical, I don't argue that the Leica stuff may not do better on MTF
charts....whether it does better in the real world, however, with the camera
clenched in your shaky hands, is another question entirely....

B. D.