Subject: Re: [Leica] Fill flash help
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:03:45 -0700

Hi Kip,
following is my method for successful fill flash:

FILL FLASH
*The shutter speed is set to the maximum allowed by the synch capability of
the camera, or lower (depending on light level requirements).
*The lens opening is set for the highlight.
*The flash is set for the amount of desired fill in the shadow areas, or
contrast between highlight and shadow.

For example:
A side-lighted or back-lighted scene requires an exposure of 1/100 (1/125)
sec at f:8
The top synch speed for the camera is 1/50 sec.
The camera setting will be 1/50 sec at f:11.0
If the desired ratio between  highlight and shadow is 1:2, the flash is set
to f:5.6; for a ratio of 1:4 the setting would be f:4.0
Depending on the flash, the setting can be made for manual or automatic
mode.

Since it is a group that you will be photographing, you might have time to
bracket in order to cover all possibilities.
Good luck,
Joe C