Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens for Kodak Medalist Projector
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, right, buy a Leica to wear it out. Only if you buy a joker Leica
like the P150 and its plastic brethren. Which take P2 lenses. Which don't
fit in the adaptor made by Leitz for the RT300 which was made by Singer
for Leitz lenses (known today as P lenses) using Leitz condensor and
mirror. The collar is too large!!
I wouldn't bother keeping a Hektor or Elmaron P2 lens around. I am willing
to bet that a glass Kodak lens would be just as good. (make sure you don't
buy a plastic one). If you have a Colorplan, yes it is worth the surgery
to remove the retarded oversized (built-in hood (wow!) collar.

Cheers,

Lucian