Subject: Re: [Leica] LS2000 scanner
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

Frank Dernie writes:
 > Tina, Henning
 > as you are the Nikon LS2000 scanner guru's can you answer a couple of
 > questions please?
 > [...]
 > 2. Is there a way to scan 24x65 (X-pan) transparencies (my favourite
 > picture from Vancouver, Henning, are the countryside up north and at least
 > half are X-pan shots)

When I was looking into the XPan, I found a page that has a great
review of the camera, some nice pictures, and the following comment:

   :: I use a Nikon LS-2000 scanner for scanning my XPan images. In fact,
   :: although this is a 24 x 36 mm format scanner, all you need is a slight
   :: modification of the strip-film adapter and some post-processing in
   :: Photoshop (takes just a few seconds).

The photographer is: Bjørn Rørslett

And the URL for the page is:

  http://hawk.foto.no/pinhole/nikon/xpan100.html

I'll bet he could give you a good description of how he does it, but I
think that it's a matter of cutting a divider out of the neg. holder,
scanning multiple frames and stiching it together in photoshop.

g.