Subject: [Leica] Fox shot
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:55:44 +1000

Was out in the local National Park today.  The birds wouldn't land on
the right stick, so with one frame left in M6 (with 90/2) I went for a
wander.  I felt like getting a photo of a fox.

I walked around for about half an hour and then saw a lovely furry fox
about 200 metres off.  I got into a good position so that its approach
to me would be 'down sun'.  I prefocussed at the closest point I thought
it would approach, and then started blowing my fox whistle (it makes the
sound of a rabbit that's just been caught by another fox!) If the fox is
young enough or hungry enough, it will usually come in, sometimes at a
flat out run!  Well, it did, stopped at 12 metres, and got shot at
1/250th, f5.6 (Reala).  Being my last frame, I just watched its
disappointment grow over the next few minutes as it ran off and then
came part the way back, wanting that rabbit.

Being hunted by a fox like that always makes my heart beat faster, so I
was a bit shaky, but I think the 250th will work well enough.  Soon see.

Regards

Rick Dykstra