Subject: Re: [Leica] Garry Winogrand
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:19:15 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-1649760492-956917155=:9501

Dan,

As far as I know he used the 28mm a lot.

It is interesting how a person's work can inspire such different reactions. You like him; I find much of the work that I have seen contrived and technically inferior. But that's OK, it is the spice of life to have different tastes.

On a more positive note, I have similarly spent several hours perusing a Bill Brandt book recently and was absolutely captivated.

Nathan

Dan Honemann <ddh@home.com> wrote:
I just received a copy of the Garry Winogrand book, _The Man in the Crowd_,
and spent the better part of the night leafing through the pages. Wow!
These are remarkable photos.

Photo books often discuss the emulsions but rarely if ever mention the
optics used. Does anyone know what lens(es) Garry used to produce these
images? Most look wider (to my thoroughly untrained eye) than 35.

Dan

"Anything and all things are photographable." G.W.

- ---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1649760492-956917155=:9501

<P>Dan,</P>
<P>As far as I know he used the 28mm a lot.</P>
<P>It is interesting how a person's work can inspire such different reactions. You like him; I find much of the work that I have seen contrived and technically inferior. But that's OK, it is the spice of life to have different tastes.</P>
<P>On a more positive note, I have similarly spent several hours perusing a Bill Brandt book recently and was absolutely captivated.</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Dan Honemann &lt;ddh@home.com&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with <a href="http://im.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Messenger</a>.
- --0-1649760492-956917155=:9501--