Subject: [Leica] CL and M lenses
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 02:49:35 -0500

>Greetings...I had the following specific question concerning M lens
>compatibility with the Leica CL camera.  Which of these lenses will mount on
>the CL, and which will also allow full rangefinder focussing (i.e., the lens
>does not block the rangefinder window):

>24mm ASPH Elmarit
>35mm Summicron (last pre-ASPH version)
>90mm Elmarit-M (the latest version)
>15mm Voigtlander Heliar with screw mount to M adapter (will this foul the
>meter arm?)

Dan,

All these will mount on the CL. I have the last three; the 35 and 15
don't block the RF, they are not much bigger than the 40mm CL lens;
not sure of the 90 as I don't have my CL here to check right now, but
I can't remember it blocking enough of the view to be disturbing. The
15 with the adapter doesn't affect the meter arm.

- -Robert
- --

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (501) 421-7942 FAX (fax direct to my email)