Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Grün ................OFF TOPIC
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:32:57 -0400

At 02:50 PM 4/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>the translation is not for your genteel nature, but then what the heck. It
>is an unfortunate play on words that happens to most who are learning a new
>language.  Instead of saying "where have you shot..........." she said:
>"where have you sh.........." you get the idea.
>However I have to admit that my German is barely enough to get me across the
>street without being run over by a Mercedes diesel truck.
>Joe

Thanks, Joe.  I'm sure I have said worse in Spanish.  I get some strange
looks sometimes, especially when I'm translating symptoms for the doctors
in the medical clinics.  That can get very interesting!  I've had to learn
words I never even knew in English!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com