Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Expectant proud new M6 owner
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:22:45 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-783368690-956827365=:14729

Simon,

We have had a short discussion on UK pricing here recently. Basically, the UK importers and dealers are ripping off the buying public by not passing on to consumers the benefit of the strong pound. I read Amateur Photographer every week and look at the adverts--UK prices are among the highest, if not the highest in the EU. When the time comes to buy additional lenses and accessories (and trust me, it will), consider some of the mail order dealers in Germany, such as:

www.foto-hobby.de

www.leicabeimeister.com

You will be pleasantly surprised with the prices, and since you are part of the same big happy EU family, there will no UK customs duty or VAT to be paid on delivery.

Nathan

Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com> wrote:
The import taxes and duites would make it just as expensive as a used UK
lens. However, there aren't many used ones about so the price is high.

Simon

>>Simon Lamb wrote:
>>As for the Noctilux, I know exactly what you
>>mean. I held one, looked through one and was extremely tempted to buy

>>one, but the cost here in
>>the UK is a bit too much for me at the moment (1700 pounds or 2700 US
>>dollars).

- ---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-783368690-956827365=:14729

<P>Simon,</P>
<P>We have had a short discussion on UK pricing here recently. Basically, the UK importers and dealers are ripping off the buying public by not passing on to consumers the benefit of the strong pound. I read Amateur Photographer every week and look at the adverts--UK prices are among the highest, if not the highest in the EU. When the time comes to buy additional lenses and accessories (and trust me, it will), consider some of the mail order dealers in Germany, such as:</P>
<P><A href="http://www.foto-hobby.de">www.foto-hobby.de</A></P>
<P><A href="http://www.leicabeimeister.com">www.leicabeimeister.com</A></P>
<P>You will be pleasantly surprised with the prices, and since you are part of the same big happy EU family, there will no UK customs duty or VAT to be paid on delivery.</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><B><I>Simon Lamb &lt;s_lamb@compuserve.com&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with <a href="http://im.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Messenger</a>.