Subject: [Leica] Re: Italy with my M2 and Rollei
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:15:29 +0100

Kurt Miska <k.miska@french-rogers.com> wrote:

>My wife and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Italy. My
recently acquired Leica M2, its four lenses and MR meter, together
with my Rollei 3.5T, accompanied me....

>I found myself using my 50 mm f2 D.R. Summicron a great deal as I did
my 35 mm f 3.5 screw mount Summaron...The 90 mm f4 Elmar saw some use
but the 135 mm Hektor remained in the bag all the time. Just didnt
find use for it.

That was my experience last year in Italy - I took some shots with the
85mm Jupiter, but most were with standard or wide-angle lenses. I was
in Wetzlar last week, and used mostly the 28mm, 35mm and 50mm focal
lengths when exploring the old town (as a slide-film user, I ‘crop’ by
changing lenses). A few pics were with the 21mm when the angular
coverage was essential - for example when photographing the local
cathedral or the site of the original Ernst Leitz Optical Institute -
but the 135mm was used only once.

Regards,

Doug Richardson