Subject: Re: [Leica] NO MORE DARKROOM?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:52:44 -0400

At 12:39 PM 4/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
>New to "LUG" but old to Leica with my  first M2 in 1960's
>I have been reading the various postings on scanning negatives with a Nikon
>LS2000 and printing via Epson printers.
>The impression I have, especially from Tina Manley, is that the end result is
>very close to a darkroom-produced print. Is this so? After over 35 years of
>shooting my M2 and now M6's are my days of fume inhalation, dodging cramps
>hypo reeking clothes over?
>Does this really work? If so, how can I see the results before doing my
>Bessler, Focomat etc garage sale? Is anyone willing to send me a rejected
>proof or two which shows the print quality? I currently use digital images for
>plate making on work to be printed. But for prints you can hold? Make it so
>Tina. Anyway thanks for your help and some interesting posts.
>Larry Gadd

Hi, Larry -

Yes, it's so!  Send me your snail-mail address and I'll send you a photo
(Kyle is selling my digital prints to raise money for the Guatemalan kids,
but those are on watercolor paper which is beautiful but doesn't show the
equivalence to a darkroom print.)  My printer is cranking out 10 photos as
I type this.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP