Subject: Re: [Leica] TMax 400CN or Xp2 SUper
From: "kpeters" <kpeters@huntel.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:09:41 -0500

I use Kodak B/W 400 and it is essentially the same film as CN400, though not
apparently as "printable" with a b/w enlarger as cn400 or xp; BUT if you get
your prints processed on a colour processor/lab, you can get this film for
dang cheap at Wal-mart!   And, it has the same great lattitide as cn400, and
prints (in my opinion) in true black and white whereas the others (both xp2
and cn) give "toned" images.  I have had no concern with the fading of the
negs as I scan all of my "good pictures" onto CD's and expect that in the
future, all I'll want is the new Epson XXXXXX+  printer for new pics.  ha!
Kent