Subject: Re: [Leica] PC lens
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 02:06:12 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-1681692777-956739972=:25588

Gib,

I bought myself the Leica PC 28mm for my SL and R8. It has been a mixed experience. The optical quality is excellent, no question here (I do not have any other 28mm lenses). The shift feature, which after all was the main reason for buying this lens, also works OK but one thing one has to realize is that as you shift the lens, the angle effectively declines so that when fully shifted you are not getting 28mm coverage. I am not sure if I am expressing myself clearly, but this is how it feels.

When used correctly, I have achieved good, straight results with it. And contrary to the warnings that one has to stop down to f8 or f11 when using the shift, my results at f5.6 are very good as well.

It is a lens with a learning curve, that's for sure.

Nathan

Gib Robinson <robinson@sfsu.edu> wrote:
Does anyone on the LUG use a perspective control lens? If so, how well do
they work?

- --Gib

- ---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1681692777-956739972=:25588

<P>Gib,</P>
<P>I bought myself the Leica PC 28mm for my SL and R8. It has been a mixed experience. The optical quality is excellent, no question here (I do not have any other 28mm lenses). The shift feature, which after all was the main reason for buying this lens, also works OK but one thing one has to realize is that as you shift the lens, the angle effectively declines so that when fully shifted you are not getting 28mm coverage. I am not sure if I am expressing myself clearly, but this is how it feels. </P>
<P>When used correctly, I have achieved good, straight results with it. And contrary to the warnings that one has to stop down to f8 or f11 when using the shift, my results at f5.6 are very good as well.</P>
<P>It is a lens with a learning curve, that's for sure.</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Gib Robinson &lt;robinson@sfsu.edu&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Send online invitations with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Invites</a>.
- --0-1681692777-956739972=:25588--