Subject: Re: [Leica] Intentional double exposure
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:45:49 -0700

"Noel H. Charchuk" wrote:

> I have read somewhere, possibly on this list, that in order to
> intentionally make a double exposure on an M, I would need to turn the
> rewind lever to the rewind position, hold it there, and cock the wind
> lever. On my M4-2, this does not appear to prevent film transport. (And I
> sure didn't like the sound it was making either!!!)
> Is there a method to override film transport on a M4-2???<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Noel,

trust me ......FORGET IT!

That noise you hear could very well be creating internal damage to the
gearing and advance mechanism. I used to do double exposures with the M6
but finally listend to a friend of mine in the Leica tech end who
explained that, "Yes you can make double exposures by holding down the
re-wind lever, however, your asking for more grief than you want!

As far as the M4-2  I would imagine it's exactly the same thing.

ted