Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LUGKodak versus Fuji: is that the issue?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 18:19:34 -0700

Eric Welch wrote:

> Let's just hope sanity takes over and people learn not too late that digital
> is a poor imitation of film. Especially with the recent breakthroughs in
> film technology that could increase speed 10X for the same image quality.
> (Lots to work out yet, but it's coming). Kodak has released a series of
> Kodachrome mini-labs that don't require a chemist on duty all the time. And
> if they sell enough of them, they have a new emulsion in the wings - so I
> hear - that is ISO 100 and has finer grain than PKM. I pray for that day to
> arrive. I am with Erwin, my favorite film choice with Leica glass is
> Kodachrome.
>
> --
>
> Eric Welch
> Carlsbad, CA

As I intensively go over old work and scan and print it into a new portfolio, my
conclusion is the same. The Kodachrome stands out above all the rest in the
images it produces digital or otherwise. Wish it still came in larger sizes and
you could still get it in Professional. A Kodachrome comeback is in order and
that is what I am expecting.
Mark Rabiner