Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Unboxed
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:11:55 -0400

Ted Grant jotted down the following:

>> Next came the Summicron.  Unzipping the case for the very first time,
>> feeling the weight of the lens in the hand, unscrewing the plastic
>> protectors on the M6 body and the lens, then matching up those red dots, and
>> twisting it into place with that re-assuring "click" of the frameline
>> selector.  Ahhh.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Your description sounds like removing his or her pants for the first
> time. :-)

Once upon a time, in my youth, I worked in a gas station during the summers
in between school terms.  One of the items we sold were magazines.  The ones
of the top shelf were -- I'm told -- filled with a similar type of prose and
pictures of objects of desire.

I can see it now: Magazines called "Photographer", "Darkroom", or "Street
Shooter", filled with images of scantily clad Leica equipment and
adjective-laden texts describing the sensations of close encounters.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Trying to determine human performance by
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | experiments is nothing but the ritual of
email: howard.390@osu.edu     | The Ballet for the Gods of Invariance.