Subject: Re: [Leica] Warning, this shutter burns!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:17:49 -0400

It seems very strange that the light from a table lamp could burn a hole in
the shutter.  For one thing, the image of the lamp is not focussed to a
point, and that is the only way I can see that enough energy could be
concentrated to be able to burn the shutter.  The sun is effectively at
infinity, and thus CAN be focused to a point.

Nevertheless, I'm sorry to hear about your camera troubles.  I hope that
you don't let them discourage you.

Dan C.

At 10:41 PM 21-04-00 -0400, Robert   Furness wrote:
>Warning, this shutter burns!

[snip]