Subject: Re: [Leica] AN OLD FOOF SIGNS ON
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:41:45 -0700

"EXT-Alexander, John" wrote:

> Greetings Fellow LUGgers,
> Please let me introduce myself as the "new old man" on the LUG block...and a
> recent convert to the Leica M system..  Born in '36...so I have something in
> common (circa-age) with some of our distinguished LUG authors: Ted Grant,
> Jim Brick, et al )  The comparison ends there, however; because to imply
> that I share even a fraction of their photographic talent or experience
> would be, indeed, ludicrous! >>>>>>>>>>

Hi John,

 Welcome "young fella! " :-)

Nice to have a newbie who has read the archives as diligently as you,
before coming on with the words. I must confess I didn't and I had
interesting conversations at the beginning about 3-4 years ago, that in
some cases one might call a "Tad forthright and in yer face!". :-)  But
then I learned this is family and quickly it all came to-gether.

Sounds like yer just the kind of folk we need to hear from with your
Leica experiences over the next while as you play with the new toys,
which of course we all know you will have the greatest of times with,
not to mention shooting some wonderful pictures.

> lurk...lurk...lurk... and learn...learn...learn.<<<<<<<<<<<<

John my man please don't just lurk,  we got lots of those folks. Please
read and post when something twigs you to respond.    That's what makes
the leica wheels go round and sometimes spin in the babble! :-)

ted