Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: making contact prints
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:45:51 +0100

on 21/4/00 12:35 AM, Jim Brick at jimbrick@photoaccess.com wrote:

> His solution was to make 16x20 proof sheets. He had an old Elwood 8x10
> enlarger. He put his 35mm neg strips in the 8x10 glass negative carrier and
> made a 16x20 print. His 35mm proofs looked like Medium Format proofs. His
> customers liked them also.

Joe's Basement will do this for you in London... I've had it done a few
times. The only problem is the sheets are so damn big. For looking at 35mm
contacts casually I like those light-gathering loupes... for up close I use
either a linen tester or a reversed 50mm lens.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk