Subject: Re: [Leica] M2/M3/M4-P/M6 Rangefinder
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:20:53 +1000

BOB KRAMER wrote:

> I don't have an M2 or M4-P, but my M3 and M4 have never flared on me.  For
> fun I tried to make my M3 flare by moving my eye off center to see how far
> off I would have to go in order to lose the RF image.  After I moved my eye
> to where I could only see about 1/2 of the 50mm image area through the VF,
> the RF patch did disappear.  So at least with my M3, you have a lot of
> off-center viewing play before flare becomes an issue.

Leica user's partners all around the world are wondering why their nutty
mates are looking sideways through their little leica toys!

Thanks for checking, but the real issue is, what happens to the
focussing accuracy when you look through crooked?  Check by focussing on
a line at about 1.5m, then look through crooked.  Does the line split a
little, even with a feint ghost image?  I get this with my 0.85 TTL,
looking through the viewfinder with a little bias to the right.  But
I've had no takers yet.

Regards

Rick (still crooked looking) Dykstra