Subject: [Leica] R8
From: "Marthe & Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:30:45 -0400

Hi folks, just received my new R8.  A few things are immediately noticable.

The viewfinder, miles ahead of my R7 both in clarity and field of view with
eyeglasses.
The new shutter, must smoother than my R7 with less mirror slap.
The controls are silky smooth and fall readily at hand.
Ergonomics, this is one large puppy.  It will require a different hold
technique than my R7.  Here, I think the winder might help.
Anyone want to buy a near mint R7?

Don't understand all  the negative feedback this camera has on LUG.

Okay, I'm heading down the basement until the air raid shelter siren sounds
the "all clear".

Rene

P.S. Question about the winder.  The litterature says that the motor drive
allows single, 2 or 4.5 frames a second. The litterature on the winder only
mentions the 2 frames a second. Am I right in assuming that it also has a
single shoot setting?