Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LUG Web Site Use
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:38:47 -0400

John Bean jotted down the following:

> At Tuesday 18/04/2000 22:30, Martin Howard wrote:
>> Besides, you failed to use the correct Leica Salute upon introducing
>> yourself.  We're sticklers for protocol.  And, of course, being completely
>> void of humour, we're not too keen on questions loaded with innuendo.
>
> You mean, of course, *devoid* of humour?

Of course.  I'm also devoid of knowledge of the English language,
apparently.  A void, perhaps.  How does one avoid a void?  ;)

>> Also, being emotionless automatons, we're excruciatingly careful of correct
>> terminology and nomenclature
>
> Quite. And in my case, an emotionless *British* automaton. Makes all the
> difference.

Ditto, although residence in Sweden and now the US has diluted my British
stoicism.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |     It is essentially contestable.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |