Subject: Re: [Leica] making contact prints
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:42:23 +0100

Andrew Moore wrote:

> I usually don't make contact sheets from my (OT: Leica)
> 35 mm negatives because I simply don't have a way of
> doing it with good results.  I'd like to start making contact
> sheets now.  Is there any equipment or techniques that
> would really help here, particularly for holding a set of
> negative strips (4 frames per) aligned and flat while the
> exposure is made?
>
> Thanks,
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE
If you do five per and get the clear negative pages which will hold 35
negatives, you can basically get a roll on a sheet of 8x10 paper.  I have
tried many of the negative holder print frames for proofing and gave up. Now I
just proof through the clear negative pages. To hold them flat, I had a glass
company cut me a double weight piece of glass about 8.5 x 10.5,.  the weight
of the glass keeps the negative nice and flat.  Also with this method you cut
the negs and put them in the clear pages and don't take them out again until
your ready to print an individual negative thus minimizing chances for dust
and scratches.
John Shick