Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice re Classic HM M6 please
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:03:30 -0700

Mike,

I also have a black "classic" HM M6. I bought it when it first came out
because it looked like a great tool for taking pictures (especially with
longer lenses), and that's how it has worked out. I have no idea of its
value as a collectible, though I'd be surprised if it commanded a premium of
more than a couple of hundred dollars over a normal M6 in similar
condition---not nearly enough for a new body and a new lens. I certainly
don't feel inhibited about using it every day. Even if I could trade it
straight across for a new TTL, I wouldn't, primarily because I also have a
normal/classic M6, and it's easier to use two cameras with shutter-speed
dials that turn the same direction, etc. (I'm easily confused.) Since it's
your only camera body, that's probably not a consideration. But if you like
what you have, why mess with it? My M6 may greatly increase in value in the
long-term, especially if it's in pristine condition, but I'm not going to
dump it in a safe deposit box in the meantime.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.