Subject: FW: [Leica] Requiem Redux
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:45:22 -0400

Those who haven't seen today's "New York Times" should take B.D.'s advice
and run out and buy it or get to your local library.  The picture on the
front page of the "Times" is absolutely terrific!  It shows North Vietnamese
soldiers transporting a comrade to a field surgery located hip-deep in a
swamp.  I would ask the LUG, "...looking at the picture, which generation of
the thirty-five Summicron do you think the photographer used?"  I especially
like the tale in the story-- which you must read-- about the guy who carried
his own chemicals, dug darkrooms out of the earth, and dried his film on the
shrubs.  Anybody care to guess what film, developer, dilution, temperature,
and agitation he used?

Just something to think about while we obsess on or equipment and technical
minutiae.

	Buzz Hausner