Subject: Re: [Leica] M28/2.8 question
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:40:34 -0700

>Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:04:14 -0600
>From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
>Subject: [Leica] M28/2.8 question

John,

I used to have the third version of M28/2.8 and while I liked it, I traded it
for the latest because of better wide open/close focus performance and the size
of the latest version. It is definitely better wide open than the third version
and it is also more compact. Without the shade, it almost does not block the
viewfinder, it is about as big as your M35/1.4 asph, you can try it. The third
version can be a challenge without the external viewfinder. The newest one also
seems to handle flare better and it is sharper, probably much closer to the
performance of the M35/1.4 asph than the previous version. But the third version
has that nice "old fashion look".

Jiri D.