Subject: Re: [Leica] Colour negative film
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:21:35 -0400

John Collier jotted down the following:

> Once the film is
> exposed you cannot take these blues or the reds out as it will adversely
> affect everything else. The computer can of course make accurate spot colour
> corrections but it is work you do not have to do with the right film.

Aha!  Of course!  I'm so used to the Shadow/Midtone/Highlight division in
Photoshop that I forgot that when you're doing chemical printing, you're
affecting the whole image at once.

Another thought: I read in a review of the UMAX PowerLook III that it
doens't handle colour negative film as well as it handles the colour
reversal type (there where scans on the page to illustrate the concept --
the difference was dramatic).  Is this a common feature of scanners and
therefore one should shoot chromes rather than negs?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  All wiyht. Rho sritched mg
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |  kegtops awound?