Subject: [Leica] Item for sale
From: Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:25:46 -0500

I would like to offer the following camera to this group for sale. I
apologize for not doing this on Friday, but I am leaving this Saturday on
vacation & would like to consummate the deal this week if anyone is
interested. I realize this is the Leica page, but I do know there are
several of you out there who use Rolleis in addition to your Leicas.

I have a very, very nice Rolleicord Vb WHITE FACED camera. There are two
detractors with this camera for collectors. First, someone inscribed a
school name on the top of the lens panel. Fortunately it cannot be seen
unless the camera is set to the closest focusing distances. Second, a
previous owner re-covered the front and side panels with a smoother
non-Rollei black leather. It actually was professionally done & looks pretty
nice, but it is non- Rollei.

The great thing about this camera is how little used it was. Other than what
is described above this camera is almost like new. None of the wear you
normally associate with a Rollei is evident here. The side lens panels are
almost perfect. A small scratch on the focusing lever side of the lens panel
keeps me from calling them perfect. The edges of the camera are virtually
perfect. The lens is very very nice. The focusing hood is like-new. I mean
no wear at all. Even the baseplate on this camera is clean. The backplate
still has the original Rollei leather on it & it is perfect. The serial
number is 2,675,329, so it is approximately 2,000 or so away from the very
last recorded serial number Rolleicord Vb made. The Xenar lens SN is over
12,000,000. I've never owned one with a number that high. This camera was
CLA'd last week and is working perfectly. The self timer is tripping at a
rather short 5-6 seconds.

The accessories included are a very nice Rollei lens hood, the original
release that was threaded into the cable release socket is still there, and
I am also including two pro-packs (10 rolls) of Fuji NHG-2, 800 ISO speed
120 film.

Anyone interested can buy this outfit for $400, plus $5 for shipping within
the US. Anyone outside the US will need to pay actual shipping costs, & I
will need to declare the full value of this item.

Thanks