Subject: Re: [Leica] Colour film
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:05:22 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-1714636915-955958722=:16472

Martin,

See the Kodachrome thread that I started yesterday...K64 seems to be just the answer to your requirements.

And no, Kodak has not put me on retainer, I am just preaching with the zeal of the convert...

Nathan

Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu> wrote:

I recently was fortunate enough to acquire a Leica R7 in fabulous condition
at an even more fabulous price. I have for some time been meaning to get an
SLR to do colour photography (I use B&W exclusively in the Ms) but it's been
such a long time since I used colour film, I suddenly find I have no clue
what do use.

Most of the time, I'll probably be scanning the images for web-page
production. Occasionally, I would like to get a (traditional chemical)
print to send to someone, or to hang on a wall.

I'm looking for something that has natural colours, smooth tonal rendition,
and preferably one that holds detail both in shadows and highlights (except
under extreme conditions). I don't like the over-saturated look of many of
the modern films that seems so popular today. I'm looking for a more
delicate, tender, and muted look.

So, you guys who know colour stock, what would you recommend? Neg or
chrome? Which films from which manufacturer match my descriptions above?

M.

- --
Martin Howard |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU | What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu |
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/ +---------------------------------------

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1714636915-955958722=:16472

<P>Martin,</P>
<P>See the Kodachrome thread that I started yesterday...K64 seems to be just the answer to your requirements.</P>
<P>And no, Kodak has not put me on retainer, I am just preaching with the zeal of the convert...</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Martin Howard &lt;howard.390@osu.edu&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Send online invitations with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Invites</a>.
- --0-1714636915-955958722=:16472--