Subject: [Leica] cheapshot? nah.
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 11:10:05 -0400 (EDT)

>> Steven Gandy wrote:

>> Gee Rich, you forgot to mention the greeting email from SMUG
>> says "No dealer, except The Photo Village, Inc., should post
>> gear for sale."

>Hoyen Tsang <htsang@email.com> replies:
>A cheapshot by Mr. Gandy if I ever saw one.

seems a valid shot to me. if the screw mount list is an advertising
vehicle for your business, you should mention it. that said, there's
nothing wrong with a list plugging (ahem) photo village's current stock,
but steven's criticism was not out of line, ESPECIALLY since he was just
reprinting text that you wrote. that's not cheap at all....

obleica: how long does the vertical rangefinder adjustment on an M6 take?
mine looks like a half open window and it's annoying in a camera this
expensive, but i couldn't stomache it being gone a month while someone
fiddles with it. (guess the obvious answer is "buy more leica's kyle".) am
i correct in assuming that on the M6 this is not a user adjustment? it
needs to be sent out? what's the cost on said repair?

thanks,

kc