Subject: Re: [Leica] enlarger or scanner?
From: "Eric Etheridge" <eric10@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 07:39:35 -0400

Mark wrote:

> > It is a bitch scanning black and white negs on my Nikon LS-2000 which I
think is
> the standard of the industry for the next five minutes.
> I more so look forward to scanning medium format negs on the Umax
PowerLook III.

So why  not scan the negs on the Umax? Because it doesn't do B&W well (or at
all)? Because it doesn't do 35 well?

Forgive the basic questions. I'm eager to cross the digital divide, but
since I shoot 120 as well as 35, I'm hoping to find one scanner that will
handle both. And good for color and B&W. And not too expensive. The Umax
looks good but I'm can't tell if it can handle all these variations.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Eric Etheridge